In 1938, a barber named Henry E. Shapley formulated a product to treat his customer's skin problems. An avid horse lover, Henry soon discovered the same great results on his horses as he did with his customers. This became Shapley's first product, known then and now as Original M-T-G (Mane-Tail-Groom).
Shapley's Original M-T-G offers visible hair growth in 3-5 days and is ideal for use on skin where winter blankets have rubbed hair off.. It creates a healthy environment for the hair follicle which results in maximum hair growth while keeping the hair soft and pliable to minimize breakage. All you need to do to grow mane and tail hair is to rub a small amount once a week at the base of the mane and on the tail bone of the horse. This amazing product does not require washing or water for application, making it ideal for cold weather use There is no need to rinse or wash off between applications
Original M-T-G is also excellent as a leave-in conditioner/detangler for promoting mane and tail growth. Use on damaged, chewed-off tails for rapid hair growth, and on long tails to enhance fullness, condition, and retain length. With just one application it will detangle, condition and soothe irritated skin. As a mane and tail lengthener, the combination of ingredients in Original M-T-G provides the optimal environment for maximum growth.
Original M-T-G keeps the skin conditioned while creating a barrier against the elements.
Original M-T-G is easy to use. Just rub a small amount into the affected area. There is no need to rinse or wash out between applications. When you want to wash the residue off just use Shapley’s Hi Shine Shampoo which is specially formulated to remove Original M-T-G quickly and easily. Shapley’s Easy-Out spray will also remove Original M-T-G both from the horse and from your hands.
Original M-T-G will also work equally as well on dogs, cats and other livestock, making it a must have for every animal owner.
Available in 178ml and 946ml bottles
Original M-T-G has come full circle and has been specially formulated and tested to continue to work on people. This product for human hair growth comes with an improved fragrance and different packaging and is called Sulu Max Gro. For more information on Sulu Max Gro go to http://tinyurl.com/mkmr8re
In the USA, Original M-T-G is veterinarian recommended as the only solution needed for a variety of bacterial and fungal skin problems such as rain rot, dew poisoning, scratches, mud fever, greasy heal, sweet itch, girth itch, itchy skin, dandruff and tail rubbing.
- Shake bottle thoroughly to mix the sediment layer on bottom of bottle throughout the rest of the liquid in bottle. Continue to shake periodically during application.
- Apply directly to the problem spot using just enough to cover without applying too much and having the excess run down the horse.
- Don’t pick scabs off as it may be painful to the horse and cause slight swelling. The scabs will fall off on their own after the healthy skin grows back under the scab.
- After scratches heal on the horse’s legs, put a thin layer of Original M-T-G on the affected area before turnout in wet conditions to provide a barrier against the horse becoming re-infected.
- Do not share brushes, blankets or turnout between horses with a skin problem and those without a problem as fungal and bacterial problems are highly contagious. Wash anything that comes into contact with infected horse so you won’t re-infect him after he heals. Brushes can be washed with a bleach solution to kill the fungus or bacteria making sure to rinse well.
- The oil in Original M-T-G may make your horse sensitive to the sun and susceptible to sunburn. If the horse spends a lot of time in the direct sun you may want to apply Original M-T-G in early evening.
- Original M-T-G may produce heat when applied so you will want to be careful applying a leg wrap over top of it as it will act as a sweat.
- There is no need to wash out or rinse Original M-T-G between applications.
- Many people see the skin problem going away after just the first application.
- To grow mane or tail hair massage M-T-G into the base of the mane along the neck and on the tailbone of the horse once a week.
- When applying Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus, more is not always better. Apply sparingly.
- A quick and easy way to eliminate the Original M-T-G “smell” from your hands is to spray Easy-Out on your hands, rub in well and wash out the smell.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Horses Warehouse users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.