FBC Boodfood contains iron, B-group vitamins and minerals for building red bloodcells.A short course blood builder for the treatment of anemia caused by low iron or recovery from heavy internal parasite infection.
FBC BLOODFOOD is a complete ‘blood-building package’ to optimise blood counts and contains 4 major nutrient components for blood building:
- Trace minerals
- B-complex vitamins
- Amino acids
It provides a highly concentrated source of elemental iron (98%) and is available in individually packed sachets of palatable sugar-coated granules.
- Horses recovering from sickness, injury, bleeding, surgery or anaemia
- Horses suffering heavy parasitism
- Performance horses starting training or coming back into work
- Breeding horses and lactating mares who have extra iron demands placed on their body
WHY CHOOSE FBC BLOODFOOD?
- Highly concentrated source of elemental iron - FBC BLOODFOOD contains 98% iron carbonyl, the most concentrated form of iron; micronized for maximum availability.
- Contains other essential components – Added copper, cobalt and amino acids are all required for blood production and creation of proteins contained in red blood cells and haemoglobin.
- Safe alternative to injectables - FBC BLOODFOOD contains high levels of vitamin B12 and folic acid to stimulate the bone marrow to produce red blood cells; and eliminates the need for B12 and folic acid injections.
- Accurate dose and excellent palatability.
Contains per 30 g sachet:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 15 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) 25 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) 300 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 15 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 500 µg
- Folic Acid 7.5 mg
- Iron (as iron carbonyl and ferric pyrophosphate) 230 mg
- Copper 18 mg
- Carbonate Cobaltous Sulfate Heptahydrate Cobalt 1 mg
- Amino Acids
- Glycine 15 mg
- Lysine 15 mg
- Methionine 15 mg
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
To be given at key training times at the following doses or as directed by a veterinary surgeon:
- Horses (450 - 500 kg)
Racing, hard work, lactating mares
- 20-day Course
- Initial dose: 2 sachets daily for 10 days
- Follow up: 1 sachet daily for 10 days
- Maintenance dose: 1 sachet every alternate day, or as required
- Pre-race drench: 2 sachets daily in feed for 3 days prior to racing or in pre-race drench
- Ponies (225 - 250 kg)
1 sachet every alternate day for 3 weeks, then as required
- Light Work, Pregnant Mares, Stallions at Stud
- Initial dose: 1 sachet daily for 10 days
- Maintenance dose: 1 sachet every alternate day for 10 days, or as required
Store below 30˚C (Room temperature)
Each box contains: 30 x 30 g sachets
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Horses Warehouse users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.